Why Bon + Vie loves Ivywake:
- Use of GOTS certified cotton, which conserves water usage, utilizes crop rotation, intercropping, and composting, natural defoliation and does not permit any GMO seed usage.
- Use of Piñatex®, a leather-alternative fiber derived from pineapple leaf waste; does not use any toxic chemicals during production, and utilizes a closed-loop production process as residual leaf biomass is used as natural fertilizer/biofuel. Non-woven mesh waste is biodegradable.
- Wool sourced from farmers who adhere to the Responsible Wool Standard, which works to preserve land health, among other initiatives.
- Use of FSC certified paper, which sustainably maintains forests.
- Piñatex® works directly with farming cooperatives to create an additional stream of income.
- GOTS certified cotton pays farmers fairly for their products.
- The Responsible Wool Standard works to protect animal welfare.
- Part of the FSC's 10 Principles works to identify and uphold Indigenous Peoples’ legal and customary rights of ownership, use and management of land, territories and resources affected by management activities.
- Sustainable business model.
- Production done as close to headquarters (UK) as possible to reduce both environmental impact and transport costs.
- Utilizes transparent pricing (see example below).
- Above info is available on their own site.
- GOTS certified cotton
- Responsible Wool Standard
- Forest Stewardship Council - FSC
- Transparent pricing (see example below).
- Shares production and manufacturing info via sourcemap, a worldwide database for supply chain maps.